1. Look For Decay Between Teeth: Sometimes decay isn't visible to the naked eye and exists in areas the dentist cannot see.
2. Check For Bone Loss Associated with Gum Disease: Gum disease can cause bone loss and an xray will show how advanced it is.
3. Check For Decay Under Fillings: Sometimes decay under fillings can occur and can only be seen with an xray.
4. Look For Infection At The Tip of the Root: Infections can appear at the very bottom of your teeth where the bone is, which needs to be confirmed using an xray.
5. Examine the Area Before Procedures: Dentists need a full view of the teeth and bone before procedures such as braces, implants and tooth removal.